Reminders from the Tax Office
Tax bills (Real Estate, Personal Property and Motor Vehicle) are mailed the last week in June, taxes due 7/1/21 last day to pay or postmarked by the USPS 8/2/21. If you do not received bill visit the Website http://www.eastgranbyct.org Click on the tab “I want too”…select “look up property tax”. Failure to receive your bill does not excuse the obligation of tax due: Connecticut General Statute 12-130. Interest SHALL be charged at a rate of 1.50% from the due date 7/1/21 Statute 12-145. “INTEREST WILL NOT BE WAIVED.”
Payment options (when mailing payment include payment coupon):
- Mail your payment to our Webster Bank Lockbox: Tax Collector, Town of East Granby, P.O. Box 150411, Hartford, CT (Address is on the bill).
- Mail your payment to our local address: East Granby Tax Collector, P.O. Box 69, East Granby, CT 06026.
- If your financial institutions (bank or credit union) offers bill pay set up the Payee as: East Granby Tax Collector, P.O. Box 69, East Granby, CT 06026, in memo enter the appropriate list number example 2019-01-0000001.
- Pay electronically (vendor convenience fees are applicable) OfficialPayments.com or call 1-800-272-9829, for phone payments you will need Jurisdiction Code 1705, you can paid by debit card, credit card or e-check with Official Payments. Note: Official Payments has changed name to ACI Payments, Inc and is the payment processor for East Granby Tax Department.
- The Tax Department now has a Payment Box located at the backdoor of the Town Hall on the brick wall which faces the Police Department, Library and Community Center. **CASH PAYMENT IS NOT ACCEPTED IN THIS PAYMENT BOX. Please secure a bank official check or money order in lieu of cash payments.
Payments can be made at the Tax Office in person Monday – Thursday 8:00 – 12:00 & 1:00 – 4:00, Friday 8:00 – 1:00.
WINDOW A – Your check or money order is already written out with LEGAL TENDER and you have the three part bill. This Window is also for Title Searchers, Attorneys & their staff.
WINDOW B – You have not brought your bill/s, you are paying with Cash, (coins are only accepted in the amount of $20.00) need to use debit or credit card, require questions answered or need a DMV Clearance.
PLEASE NOTE WE ARE NOT THE POWER OF ATTORNEY FOR ANY TAXPAYER AND WILL NOT ASSIST IN THIS MATTER. If you are unable to prepare a check yourself obtain assistance from your designated Power of Attorney or ask your bank to issue a check.
Tax Office will accept partial payments Statute 12-144b, if you find yourself having difficulties, making partial payments is beneficial to the taxpayer. Ignoring your tax obligations is not the solution; our office will continue to enforce the collection tools governed under Connecticut General Statutes Chapter 204, Section 12.
No additional bill will be sent for second installment of Real Estate.
The January installment is included with your original bill.