Town of East Granby Connecticut
9 Center Street – P.O. Box 1858 – East Granby CT 06026
Selectman’s Office – 860-653-2576
GENERAL EMPLOYMENT INFORMATION
Anyone interested in a position with the Town is encouraged to fill out an Employment Application, stating the position they are applying for.Applications are not able to be filled out on-line. Please print a copy, complete the application and scan it to [email protected] or fax it to (860) 653-4017 attn: Nicole Sokolowski.
Job applications are kept on file in the First Selectman’s office for one year from the date received and considered when a position becomes available. Download an application or have one mailed to you via U.S. Postal Mail by calling Nicole Sokolowski, Executive Assistant to the First Selectman, at (860) 653-2576 or via e-mail at [email protected]. A resume should accompany the application, stating qualifications.
Resumes can also be e-mailed to [email protected]
Applications should be returned to:
Town of East Granby
First Selectman’s Office
P.O. Box 1858
East Granby, CT 06026
Attn: Nicole Sokolowski, Employment Application
Current Job Openings
Town of East Granby Connecticut
9 Center Street – East Granby CT 06026
Selectman’s Office – 860-413-3301
EXTERNAL JOB POSTING Effective: January 13, 2023 until filled
The Town of East Granby seeks a full-time Account Manager who prepares and maintains the Town’s accounts payable and payroll.
- Performs accounting, payroll, and administrative tasks of a complex nature for the Town.
- Works closely with the First Selectwoman, Executive Assistant, Treasurer, and Department Heads in performing budget, payroll, and administrative responsibilities.
- The position receives general direction from the First Selectwoman and Executive Assistant. On fiscal and accounting matters this position reports to and receives direction from the Treasurer.
Duties and Responsibilities – Includes but is not limited to the following:
- Receives and processes purchase requests.
- Receives and maintains files of vendor bills, purchase requests, bill information, mathematical accuracy, correct pricing, and authorized approval. Process and create billing invoices for Police Road Jobs and creates and maintains the RCC permit listing.
- Records expenditure of Town funds by line accounts and maintains general ledger. Coordinates financial activities with the Treasurer. Supports annual audit.
- Administers employee payroll: computes overtime, wage rate changes and appropriate deductions as required for automated payroll system. Maintains all employee earned vacation, holiday, and sick time through hourly processing. Process 401 (a) funds.
- Prepares required state and federal reports and line-item account information for the First Selectwoman, Executive Assistant, Treasurer, BOF and Department Heads.
- Associates Degree, High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years increasingly responsible accounting experience in an office setting.
- ADP Payroll System experience. Demonstrate experience with payroll, accounting systems and their related software.
- Strong interpersonal skills demonstrated by experience in productive interactions with staff and the public. Strong written and verbal skills and the ability to handle variable, flexible work.
Per Union Contract Compensation: 33 Hours Per Week; $22.96 per hour/$23.47 per hour starting July 1, 2023
Health Benefits/Pension Eligible / Paid Holidays / Sick Days governed by Union Contract.
Applications may be obtained from https://eastgranbyct.org/employment-opportunities/ and submitted along with a resume to: Nicole Sokolowski, Town of East Granby, 9 Center Street, East Granby CT 06026
The Town of East Granby is an Equal Opportunity Employer