East Granby belongs to the Farmington Valley Health District (FVHD) which is participating in almost daily calls with the Connecticut Department of Public Health and the National Center for Disease Control. Information on the coronavirus is available on the Health District’s website http://www.fvhd.org/. The Health District says that while there are not any coronavirus cases in Connecticut, they recommend that all individuals do what they can to prevent any type of respiratory illness. Steps recommended are to stay home when sick, wash hands frequently etc. The Town will continue to monitor the situation and provide information as needed to the residents via the town website www.eastgranbyct.org and the Town of East Granby Facebook page.
EFFECTIVE MARCH 19, 2020 ALL TOWN OFFICES WILL BE CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC
If you need to reach someone at Town Hall please use the list below which has department phone numbers and email addresses.
Please use the Drop Box located outside of Town Hall ONLY for the Assessor, Town Clerk and First Selectman’s office. For all other business please call the respective office directly.
The Town of East Granby is committed to keeping our residents and employees as safe as possible at all times.
To keep everyone safe, please refrain from visiting our public buildings
- Office of the First Selectman – 860-413-3301 or email@example.com
- Contact the Police –non-emergency phone number 860-653-5385. Emergencies call 911.
- Emergency Management: Kennethb@egtownhall.com
- Town Clerk: 860–653-6528 or Christineg@egtownhall.com
- Assessor’s Office: 860-653-2852 Maryellenb@egtownhall.com
- Tax Office: 860-653-2004 Dorianh@egtownhall.com Did you know that your taxes can be paid online https://eastgranbyct.org/tax-collector
- East Granby Public Library Is Closed http://www.egpl.org
- Building Department: 860-653-3444 Garyh@egtownhall.com or RosalieM@egtownhall.com
- Senior Services: 860-413-3334 Kellyj@egtownhall.com all non-essential activities are cancelled. Essential medical appointments and grocery store transportation continues to be available.
- Social Services: 860-413-3328 or Elisec@egtownhall.com
- Parks & Recreation: 860-653-7660 or Aliciav@egtownhall.com all youth related after school and weekend programs are cancelled. To get information on spring and summer programs or to register for programs eastgranbyct.myrec.om
- Registrar of Voters: 860-653-0097 Registrars@egtownhall.com Cindy Krogh Clark (D) Amanda Waller (R)
Town Hall – normal hours of operation – Monday thru Thursday – 8 am to 4 pm and Friday – 8 am to 1 pm
Schools – East Granby Public Schools will be closed from Monday, March 16th through Friday March 20th with an extension to be determined on a week to week basis.
East Granby Public Library – is closing the building to the public at 2 pm today and ceasing in-person services until a date to be determined. Developments will be monitored daily.
Senior Services – all non-essential activities (i.e. exercise programs, trips and lunches) are cancelled until further notice. Essential medical appointments and grocery store transportation continues to be available.
Parks & Recreation – mirroring the school closing, all youth related after school and weekend programs are cancelled. Programs such as men’s basketball that utilize school gyms are also cancelled.
For more information please call the Selectman’s Office at 860-413-3301.
In response to the outbreak of COVID-19 , East Granby Senior Services has cancelled all non-essential activities until further notice. This includes exercise programs, blood pressure screenings, trips and lunches.
Essential medical appointments and grocery store transportation continues to be available. Please note that transportation is not available to anyone exhibiting any signs of illness.
Please see the following link from the CDC which contains important information regarding older adults https://www.cdc.gov/…/specific…/high-risk-complications.html.
If anyone has questions or is in need of assistance please contact the Senior Center at (860) 413-3334