An important goal of this program – “Good Sam” for short, is to help Town residents who are elderly or disabled to stay in their home. They may be alone, have physical or financial difficulty with maintenance, or do not know about other resources or options that may be available.
We also hope to increase volunteer support for our schools, library, government or other needs as they are identified. There will be a special focus on asking those in manual trade professions, diverse businesses, medical and government workers and retirees to find ways to share their experience with high school students.
To fill these needs, we hope to:
· Utilize our senior population and others, plus students in completing community service requirements.
· Provide a mechanism for continually matching needs with volunteers.
· Publicize the needs in every possible way.
Longer term goals will be to:
· Make a really nice town even better!
· Develop a unique and noticeable program that may have many seniors, but not limited to seniors.
· To succeed, it will take a contagious spirit! Please help us begin to build a Volunteer Bank by giving us your name and ideas by phone or email.