Town of East Granby Connecticut
9 Center Street – P.O. Box 1858 – East Granby CT 06026
Selectman’s Office – 860-413-3301
JOB POSTING: Effective: June 6 to June 21, 2019
Part Time Buildings & Public Works Administrative Secretary
The Town of East Granby seeks a Part Time Administrative Secretary who will report to the Director of Buildings & Public Works.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide staff support to the Director of Buildings & Public Works
- Performs a variety of routine to complex administrative, clerical and office duties in support of the Director.
- Maintains a calendar of the Director’s activities, schedules contractor meetings, responds to requests for information and responds to resident and employee requests for emergency or routine service.
- Performs related office work, special assignments and office clerical functions as directed. May include, but not limited to, managing documentation and various administrative, reference and follow-up file systems.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of five years of increasingly responsible office administrative experience.
- Demonstrated organization skills and experience with computer systems.
- Knowledge of modern office procedures, methods and equipment including computers and applicable software.
- Perform responsible and difficult administrative work involving the use of independent judgement.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing with strong office management and organizational skills
- 20 hours weekly
Compensation: $20.00 per hour
This position is available immediately. If interested and qualified, please submit a completed Application for Employment by the listed deadline date. Applications may be obtained from www.eastgranbyct.org/employment-opportunities.html and must be submitted to the: Town of East Granby, 9 Center Street – P.O. Box 1858, East Granby CT 06026 or email@example.com