Take me to...
News & Highlights
- Notice of Special Town Meeting March 29th
- 2017 MDC Household Hazardous Waste Collection Schedule
- Job Posting: Director of Social Services
- FY17-18 General Government budget presentation to the Board of Finance on March 16, 2017
- Radon Test Kits While Supplies Last
- BOE and EG Education Association Contract
|Zoning Board of Appeals|
David M. Lawton - Chairman
The Zoning Board of Appeals has the authority, within limits prescribed by state law, to vary the application of zoning regulations where literal application of those regulations would result in “exceptional difficulty or unusual hardship”. The Board also hears and decides appeals where it is alleged there has been an error in enforcement of a zoning regulation or decision.
The Board meets as required to address specific issues brought to it. Members of the Board are elected; the five regular members serve a five year term and the three alternates serve a two year term. In each municipal election there are two regular members on the ballot - one for a term beginning the January after the election and one for a term beginning a year from that January. All three alternates are elected in each municipal election.
Land Use Maps
Assessor Maps for 2015
Zoning Board of Appeals Meeting Minutes & Agendas