Tax Collector Info

Contact Information

Tax Collector -  Dorian Owens    860-413-3306
Tax Clerk -  Diane Varholak    860-413-3335


Telephone: 860-413-3306 
Fax: 860-653-4017

Office Hours

Mon - Thurs

8:00 am to 12:00 pm
1:00 pm to 4:00 pm


8:00 am to 1:00 pm

My Property Tax

Look up your property tax information online.

Important Payment Dates

July 1st

  • Motor Vehicle and Personal Property (Business) taxes due
  • Real Estate Tax over $100 due (1st Installment)

September 1st

  • Sewer and Water Assessments due

October 1st

  • Sewer Usage due

January 1st

  • Supplemental motor vehicle tax due
  • Real Estate Tax over $100 due (2nd Installment)

April 1st

  • Sewer Usage due
Tax Collector

Dorian Owens - Tax Collector - This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it  860-413-3306

Diane Varholak - Tax Clerk - This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it  860-413-3335


Monday - Thursday 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Closed for lunch from 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.

Friday 8:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.


Municipal Tax Collectors are bound by the Connecticut General State Statues; these can be found in Volume 204, Section 12 of State Statutes.

The East Granby Tax Collector is responsible for the billing and collection of taxes for real estate, motor vehicle and personal property; as well as sewer assessment, sewer usage and water assessment charges. If you did not receive a tax bill contact our office or view your tax information online.


CT Dept of Motor Vehicles

DMV Compliance Issues Check

When are taxes and sewer related charges due?

Motor Vehicle and Personal Property (business) taxes are due July 1st‚of each year.

Supplemental motor vehicle taxes are due January 1stof each year.

Real Estate over $100 is due in two installments, July 1stand January 1st.

Sewer and Water Assessments due September 1st.

Sewer Usage due April 1sand October 1st


The last day for payments (taxes) is the first working day of August (for July payments) and the first working day of February (for January payments).

The last day for payments (sewer charges) is the first working day of September (sewer & water assessments) and the last working day of April and October (sewer usage).

Payment methods:

Payment can be made by bank check, cash, money order or personal check. Money orders and checks are payable to East Granby Tax Collector for all tax and sewer charges.

Online payments using credit cards are accepted through Official Payments via their website or call 1-800-272-9829; please have your bill number and the amount to be paid available as well as the jusidiction code of "1705" in order to make your payment.Official Payments charges a nominal fee for this service.

Penalty for late payment: All tax and sewer related charges not paid within one month of the due date are delinquent and subject to interest calculated at 1.5% per month from the original due date (January 1st, April 1st, July 1st, and October 1st), with a minimum charge of $2.00.

Where are payments made?

In person at the Town Hall, Tax Office or by mailing your payment and original bill to P.O. Box 150411, Hartford, CT 06115

Delinquent Motor Vehicle Taxes

All delinqent motor vehicle taxes are reported to the State of Connecticut, Department of Motor Vehicles. This will prevent you from renewing your vehicle registration.To receive a Department of Motor Vehicle clearance all taxes on motor vehicles in your name must be paid in full by cash, bank check or money order to receive a DMV release.

Retrieving Taxes due and Payments for Income Tax Purposes:

Penalty for Returned Checks

If your check is returned unpaid by the bank, an additional fee of $20.00 will be added to your balance due. In addition, you may be charged a penalty by your bank.

Motor Vehicle Sold or Plate Transferred

Contact the Assessor's office at (860) 653-2852 directly to determine the documentation that must be provided. If you transferred plates from one vehicle to another, the July bill must be paid and a credit will be given on the January Supplemental Motor Vehicle tax bill for said payment.

Assessments or Exemptions

Questions in reference to assessments or exemptions should be directed to the Assessor's Office, Town Hall, 9 Center Street, East Granby, CT 06026 or call 860-653-2852.

Home Business

Before anyone can do business in this state under any name other than their real name, a certificate stating the names under which the business is to be conducted must be filed in the Office of the Town Clerk of the town in which business is to be conducted. This certificate must show the full name and post office address.The Town Clerk must keep an alphabetical index of the names of persons filing trade name certificates and of the trade names filed (Sec. 35-1).

Any business failing to file may be fined not more than Five Hundred Dollars. In addition, per Sec. 12-54, any person liable to give a list of taxable property and fails to due so may be notified in writing to appear and be examined under oath as to the property liable to taxation and for the purpose of verifying a list made out by them as provided for by Sec. 12-42. Any person who willfully neglects or refuses to appear before the Assessor and make oath shall be fined not more than One Thousand Dollars.

Please contact the Town Clerks Office for more information.

State Aid Sec. 12-130 (effective 7-1-16)

Per CT State Statues Sec. 12-130 the 2016-2017 fiscal year budget for the Town of East Granby estimates that $3,156,303 will be received from the State of Connecticut for various state finances programs.  Without this assistance, the mill rate for the fiscal year 2016-2017 would be 36.59 mills. The actual mill rate for fiscal year 2016-2017 is 31.10.

Town of East Granby, 9 Center St, P.O. Box 1858, East Granby, CT 06026
T: 860.653.2576    F: 860.653.4017    E:
Hours:   Mon - Thurs: 8a - 12p, 1p - 4p     Fri: 8a - 1p