Take me to...
News & Highlights
- 09-15-2014 Board of Assessment Appeals Hearing
- Quarry Application Received by East Granby Planning & Zoning Commission
- EG Registrars' Office Open July 29th
- June 25th Town Meeting Update
- 2014-2015 RCC Transfer Station Permit Policy
- Youth Services Summer Counseling Services
- Results of Special Election for 61st District
Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:30pm
(Canceled) Commission on Aging
Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:30pm
Zoning Board of Appeals
Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:00pm
Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:30pm
Parks & Recreation
Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:30pm
Board of Education
|Board of Education|
Trevor Sanford - Chairman
Board of Education Office – 860-653-6486 or
The Board of Education is charged with setting the educational policies that guide our school system. Operating within state and federal mandates, the Board is responsible for a broad range of activities, from review and approval of curriculum to labor negotiations to athletics to budget preparation. In addition, the Board hires the Superintendent of Schools and, through that position, is responsible for all aspects of management of the system.
The Board meets the first and third Mondays of each month except August. There are nine members of the Board, each of whom serves a six-year term. Board members are elected; three members are on the ballot in each municipal election.
Board of Education Meeting Minutes & Agendas